Since President Duterte signed the law granting More Electric and Power Corp. (More Power) a 25-year power distribution franchise in Iloilo City, there has been a lot of speculations as to the company's capability to serve the Ilonggos.
With hopes to quell the issues thrown at them, and to assure the populace, MORE Power Customer Care Head Maricel Pe-Calunod and Corporate Communications Head Clynt Louise Conlu held a briefing with mainstream media and bloggers.
They said that MORE Power is ready to serve the Ilonggos. They have their top-of-the-line digital system and utilities in place, and their personnel have undergone training. They are more than prepared to deliver electricity at reduced power rates, promise minimal outages, and 24-hour customer assistance once they take over the power distribution.
Below are important facts about MORE Power that Ilonggos have to know.
Republic Act 11212
An Act Granting More Electric and Power Corporation a Franchise to Establish, Operate, and Maintain, for Commercial Purposes and in the Public Interest, a Distribution System for the Conveyance of Electric Power to the End Users in the City of Iloilo, Province of Iloilo, and Ensuring the Continuous and Uninterrupted Supply of Electricity in the Franchise Area
This was signed into law on February 14, 2019 and made effective on March 06, 2019. It will expire after 25 years or in March 06, 2044.
As published on the Official Gazette’s website: https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/2019/02/14/republic-act-no-11212/
MORE Power’s Brand Directions
- “We are a service-oriented company committed to bringing only the best customer experience to the electric consumers of Iloilo City.”
- “MORE Powerfully appreciates the grave need to provide the City of Iloilo with a modernized, reliable, cost effective, flexible and scalable power supply delivery system.”
- “It is MORE Power’s declared policy to ensure the quality, reliability, security, and affordability of the supply of electric power to the electricity consumers of the City of Iloilo with due care for the environment and its employees.”
- VISION: “We desire to be a preferred electric distribution utility provider that responds to the dynamic needs of consumers and delivers competent energy solutions.”
- MISSION: “We aim to maintain our electric services in a friendly, safe, effective, non-discriminatory, cost-efficient and helpful way.”
- TAGLINE: BRINGING MORE TO LIFE
- BRAND IDENTITY: Customer-Centricity & Trustworthiness
Strategic Goals for Iloilo City
- IMPROVEMENT OF THE DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM’S RELIABILITY
- To provide reliable, safe, and quality electric services by investing in the upgrading of the existing electrical framework of Iloilo City
- THE MINIMIZATION OF FRANCHISE-WIDE OUTAGES
- To maintain an effective distribution maintenance plan to eliminate or minimize interruptions and outages.
- COMMITMENT TO COMPETITIVE POWER RATES
- To bring more to the lives of the Ilonggos and foster business growth by ensuring that its power rates are maintained at the least cost.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- To create a meaningful customer experience with the consumers through the delivery of excellent customer services.
Improvement of the Distribution System’s Reliability
- “Development of capital investments intended for the betterment of the distribution system.”
- Investment of Php 1.7 Billion in the first five years for:
- Reliability Improvement
- Systems Loss Reduction
- Capacity/Power Quality Improvement
- Safety Improvement
- Investment also includes:
- Utility Management System Software
- Will serve as the front-end system and will enable MORE Power to perform the following:
- Customer Management System designed to manage the customer records and information by organizing customer data in a centralized database.
- Work Management System designed to organize routes and schedules and enable accurate and efficient tracking of day-to-day operations.
- Billing Management System designed to organize and manage bills, modify rates, penalties and discounts of the customers.
- Collection Management System designed to organize transactions and analyze the collection efficiency
- SAP ERP System
- An Enterprise Resource Planning software that integrates financials, sales, and purchasing data. Includes:
- Financials (Accounting System)
- Inventory Management
- Fixed Asset Management (Automated Depreciation Run)
- Purchasing/Procurement Management with online approval process
- AP/AR Invoicing
- Payment Check Printing
- Integration Solutions (ex. UMS application)
- Synergee Sofware
- A power system analysis package that simulates load flow, symmetrical and asymmetrical faults, capacitor placement, cable ampacity, contingency switching, switch optimization, harmonic impedance, motor starting, phase balancing, predictive reliability, and protective device coordination.
- Distribution System Analysis Software (DSAS)
- Enables Electric distribution utility to calculate the reliability indices for their distribution system.
- Calculate SAIFI, SAIDI, & MAIFI, and even EENS, CAIDI, ASAI, ASUI, ASIFI & ASIFI – allows the DUs to prioritize the reliability indices that are most important to it.
- Calculate the historical reliability – allows the DUs to track its reliability performance over time.
- Calculate the predicted reliability – allows the DUs to determine the value of its proposed reliability improvement projects.
- Calculated based on subsystems or for the entire distribution system – allows the DUs to determine, in terms of reliability, which parts of its system are suffering, and which ones are performing well.
- In-house developed software programs:
- Customer Queuing System
- System Facilities Mapping – for easy reference of our engineers in managing the electric distribution network. Clusters the system by district, barangay and electric feeder. Some applications include:
- Response Management
- Outage Management
- Line Fault Management
- Utility Trucks (24/7 response team trucks, motorcycles and pick-up trucks)
- Meter boxes, service wires, electric posts, tools and equipment
- Mobile Substation – to minimize outages during rehab works and also to increase capacity and power quality of the distribution system
Commitment to Competitive Power Rates
- “MORE savings for the consumers.”
- MORE Power will source out its power requirements (from generation companies) in the least cost manner.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Services:
- Customer Friendly Application Process and Requirements
- Spot Billing in All Districts
- In order to ensure the accuracy of consumer bills, spot billing will be implemented in all seven (7) districts of Iloilo City—Jaro, Arevalo, Lapaz, Lapuz, Mandurriao, City Proper, and Molo.
- Using industry standard meter reading equipment, consumers will be assured of an accurate reading of their monthly consumption and corresponding bill on the time and day it was read by our meter reading team.
- 24/7 Hotline Assistance
- 24/7 Quick Response Team
- MORE Power will deploy six (6) response teams round the clock in order to quickly respond to electrical network troubleshooting concerns.
- Key Accounts Management
- MORE Power has dedicated Key Account Officers for our identified Key Accounts in Iloilo City.
- Dispute Resolution
- The company considers their consumers’ welfare to be top priority. Their Customer Welfare Desk Officers will help clients determine the best solution for their needs.