The companies of tycoon Andrew L. Tan under its holding firm Alliance Global Group, Inc. (AGI) have already donated over P603-million to various efforts in the country’s fight against COVID-19.
Since the start of the Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon last March 17, the group has instituted projects to help both government and other organizations in protecting Filipinos from the spread of the virus:
1. P100-million donation to Project Ugnayan, which was used to distribute food vouchers to thousands of urban poor families in Metro Manila;
2. P250-million worth of disinfectant alcohol distributed to various hospitals, local government units (LGUs), government agencies, and organizations throughout the country;
3. P60-million donation of Megaworld Corporation to Philippine Red Cross for the purchase of four (4) brand new COVID-19 test laboratories that can conduct around 10,000 tests per day;
4. P65-million donation to various LGUs and non-government organizations for programs related to COVID-19;
5. P125-million worth of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) for medical frontliners and grocery bags for poor communities in Metro Manila by Resorts World Manila and its various partners;
6. P3-million worth of food and groceries for healthcare and security frontliners, and construction workers, as well as free transport for medical workers by Megaworld Corporation and Megaworld Foundation;
7. Distribution of over 100,000 meals to healthcare frontliners, government workers, and urban poor families through McDonald’s Philippines’ Kindness Kitchen.
8. Support to retail partners through waiving of rental charges in various Megaworld Lifestyle Malls
“Along with our healthcare frontliners, our government takes the toughest job in saving more lives against the virus. Our companies are here to support all efforts, and we are continuously looking for ways on how and where we can further extend help and support,” says Kevin Andrew L. Tan, chief executive officer, Alliance Global Group, Inc.